Hi! We're the Rocks: Chris, Alyssa and Ethan.
About the Family
Chris and Alyssa have been married since 2004. We met at BYU while working at Jamba Juice in the Wilkinson Center. We dated on and off and remained friends for four years until we finally both liked each other at the same time.
Ethan joined our family on Friday the 13th of April, 2007. This was especially cool since we were married on a Friday th 13th.
Alex joined our family on April 18, 2009. This was especially cool because he was born 5 days after Ethan, who was born 5 days after Chris, who was born 5 days after his father.
Some quick facts about us:
- We're members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (more commonly known as Mormons). For more information about Mormonism, check out mormon.org.
- Alyssa currently works at UVU as a part-time instructor teaching English classes at night. She takes care of the boys during the day.
- Chris works for Eli Kirk as a web developer.
Where We've Been
- Murray, UT (2004-2005) - We lived here while Alyssa finised her Masters at the University of Utah and Chris taught eighth grade science in Sandy.
- Lawrence, KS (2005-2006) - Alyssa decided to pursue a Doctorate in Film, and was accepted at the University of Kansas. We lived in Lawrence while Alyssa went to school and Chris taught middle school science.
- Silicon Valley, CA (2006-2008) - While in Kansas, Alyssa decided that she didn't want to get her doctorate and Chris decided that he didn't want to continue teaching. Alyssa won the job-hunting contest, so we moved to Santa Clara where Alyssa worked at Yahoo and Chris did free-lance web design.
- Utah Valley (2008-present) - When Alyssa was laid-off from her job at Yahoo, we moved back to Utah when Chris found a job with Eli Kirk. We bought our first house in Springville, Utah in 2009.
- Learning and teaching Science
- Enjoying nature
- Brushing up his Japanese
- Card or board Games
- Stormy and snowy weather
- Mormon Studies
- Anything film-related, specificially stuff that is not mainstream: documentaries, foreign films, and classic/silent films
- Reading her friends' blogs---please let her know if you have one to share!
- Video games
- Science museums
- Going for walks