Songs That Make Me Think of You
Month: February 2005
Chosen by: Alyssa
Description: Chosen especially for Valentine's Day, songs that make me think of you + favorite songs about love.
|C.R. + A.W.||Will You Marry Me? Yes/No (Check one)|
A lot of these songs are definitely among my favorite love songs. I'll explain why some of them make me think of Chris:
- I put on Air Supply's "Even the Nights Are Better" because one night Chris sang a song my Air Supply to me and it was really sweet. He doesn't think it was this song, but I can't remember which one it was.
- Harry Connick, Jr.'s "Cry Me a River" is here in honor of one of the times that Chris and I broke up. I was so utterly distraught about it that I sang this song, tears streaming down my face, as I drove the hour long trip to my grandparent's house (where I was staying at the time). That was a sad, sad day.
- Vocal Point's "Scottish Spring Soap" is on here because back in the olden days when Chris and I were first hanging out, he would quote this in a Scottish accent a lot. It really made laugh.
- Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" is on here because Chris sometimes plays it on the piano and I'll sing along. You'll notice he put it on his CD too.
- Neil Diamond's "Porcupine Pie" is on here because Chris played this song for me once as an example of Neil's crazy lyrics one time. This song is so bizarre and I laughed really hard. So, I think of him when this song plays.
Because this CD is "Songs that make me think of you," most of them are inside jokes. I'll try to explain some of them.
- Alyssa and I both like the Cranberries, but when we we're on and off again, I thought that this song acurately protrayed our relationship--I want to be with you, but I can't, because you don't want to be with me. I'm glad she changed her mind.
- My old roommate Jeff introduced me to Alice Deejay and we were listening to it a lot when I started dating Alyssa. "Will I Ever" reflected our current outlook on love: "Will I ever fall in love, and if I do, will it be with you?"
- On my way home from a "date" with Alyssa in which she made it clear that she wanted to start a relationship with me again, I was listening to my They Might Be Giants album. "Man, It's So Loud in Here" fit my mood and I cranked it up to sing along.
- There was a time when Alyssa and I were debating (arguing) about something while we were dating. I was really worried about how it was going to turn out and if it was going to work between us. At work one night I was silently praying for a sign that this was right when this Beatles song came on. I knew the lyrics and they fit perfectly with how I was feeling. I had my answer.
- Most of the other songs are love songs that I just like. The last five, however are the theme songs to TV shows that Alyssa and I watched during our first year of marriage. They're the most bonus tracks I've ever put on a CD.